This event is our "traditional" one, and is the SA round of the Australian Rally Championship. It is also a SARC round, a Clubman Rally and an Intro Rally.
The rally is 190 competitive kms event (150 km for SARC, 90 km for Clubman, 50 km for Intro) based in Mount Crawford Forestry HQ area, and will feature all the popular council road stages, with a seriously interesting twist around locations. We are running it for the 17th consecutive time.
The event will run on 2 days only, Saturday afternoon for the Nationals and Intro, and Saturday night and Sunday, the SARC round, will be for all entrants. Included on Sunday is the Clubman event.
- Lightforce continues as naming rights sponsor, along with Eblen Subaru and Shannons as platform sponsors
- Fairfax Press is a new major sponsor, ensuring saturation coverage via their website, and the Barossa Press
- Intro Rally will run on Saturday, following on straight after the Nationals
- There will be a Clubman section, run on Sunday.
- "Open" recce arrangements continue as applicable, with a total of 15 hours available for the two weeks before the event. This is still unique to Lightforce Rally SA, dynamic and flexible.
- All activities will be centred in Mt Crawford, including ceremonial start, podium, service park etc
- There is a good balance/mix of council and forestry roads, just about 50/50
- Pre-event testing will be available at WACC Walky Park at Sedan
- Scrutiny, as required, will be at CMI Toyota in the City for the 14th time
- Frank Kelly, the Irish star, will run as an international entry - this is confirmed - and negotiations under way with others from NZ
- We will be making a feature of the media day on the Saturday morning - and have confirmed interest in hand from high profile ridees to make it more worthwhile